Oil and Gas Sector Service Company comprising Subsea and Surface, Torque, Pressure Testing, Storage and Machine Shop.
Job Title: QHSE (Quality Health Safety Environment) Advisor
Reference no: UNIQHSE210820
Responsible to Managing Director
Contract: Permanent 2-3 days per week based in Badentoy, Portlethen.
Manage the performance of QHSE activities in pursuit of overall company objectives. Plan and develop systems and procedure to improve the operating Quality and HSE efficiencies within the facility. Managing the environmental aspects that are required at the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Evaluating performance and providing support and feedback to facility personnel.
* Control over environmental conditions.
* Work with management, employees, occupational health and environmental professionals, community, regulatory agencies and government officials.
* Controlling and supervising quality whilst preventing occupational risk.
* Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policymaking as required.
* Perform internal and external QHSE audits.
* Monitor, measure and report on compliance with all QHSE legislation applicable to the company’s activities.
* Provide interpretation of QHSE legislation, enforce QHSE legislation.
* Source timely and competent advice from regulatory authorities as may be appropriate.
* Control the continued Maintenance of ISO accreditation.
* Complying to all EA permit conditions.
* Continuous and competent compliance with customer requirements
* Monitoring the environmental and safety aspects of the facility and processes.
* Investigate incident and Accidents and report results to Management.
* Run toolbox talks whenever necessary and upon request of Management.
* Monthly meeting on QHSE issues and suggestions with senior management.
* Report to Management on the training needs/requests of personnel.
* Any other function requested by Management.
* Minimum of a NEBOSH General Certificate Level 3.
* Minimum qualification of: Internal Auditor ISO 9001 or 18001 or 14001.
* Degree in Environmental Science or Management or Engineering.
At least two years’ experience in QHSE management, gaining knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 9001 standards preferably in the oil industry.
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office programmes, document management systems and approved procedures.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility and accountability.
* Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement, experience, and common sense.
* Able to work independently and prioritise own workload.
* Willing to work for the best interests of the business.
* Maintain the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties.
* Encourage a positive working environment.
* Willing and able to deal with problem situations.
* Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently.
* Able to build a working relationship with customers and internal personnel based on respect and good rapport.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted are indicative and may vary over time. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade that has been established on this basis.
Reference ID: UNIQHSE210820
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent